verse

"God places the solitary in families and gives the desolate a home in which to dwell" Psalm 68:6

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sseko Designs Sandals

cyrus
Have you seen Sseko sandals? I must admit I've been drooling for a while. Part of what interests me so much is the story. These sandals are made by young women in Uganda who work for 9 months in between secondary school and university. This job enables them to earn money to pay for tuition, room, and board so that they can become doctors, lawyers, engineers, and teachers. These sandals are changing lives and communitites!

aren't they beautiful? The confidence and hope in their eyes . . .

starboard

So, you can imagine my excitement when the co-founder, Liz, said she would LOVE to help us raise money to help bring Sophie and Robert home! Amazing! Because I would LOVE to help sell sandals for her lovely young women!

Now the details! Each pair of sandals (leather bottoms and straps) is $50, additional straps are $10 a pair.
The sandals are leather, straps are fabric. The bases have loops so you can twist and tie your sandals in a different way each day, or exchange straps for a different look! Take a look at their website http://www.ssekodesigns.com/ and pick your favorite straps. Then CONTACT ME with your order. If you order thru the website, we won't get credit and you'll pay more after shipping. I will be submitting our order on March 28th.

red
Ways to order:
1. leave a comment with your name, contact info, shoe size, and strap
2. email me at lauradavis2005@gmail.com with your name, shoe size, and strap preference
3. see me in person! I'll be carrying a catalogue everywhere I go for the next 2 weeks!
4. see Debbie Davis at Covenant Christian Academy. She has a catalogue too and can take your order

When the sandals come in, we'll have a girls' night out! We'll deliver the orders, learn how to tie them on, see some great pictures, and share some snacks. I'll keep you posted with the date once we have a good idea of when they'll arrive.

Now, go have fun shopping!!



brown



No comments:

Post a Comment