verse

"God places the solitary in families and gives the desolate a home in which to dwell" Psalm 68:6

Friday, November 12, 2010

It's a . . . .

Today I am overcome with God's sovereignty. I feel very small. I feel very humble. I feel very undeserving.

We just received a letter from USCIS Department Immigration Services declaring that we have received a "favorable determination concerning orphan petition." We are now approved to welcome 2 children, male or female, ages 0-4 into our family.

The process has taken 6 weeks, although the website is charting 2 1/2 months in our region. We have moved faster than other families in the same process, and my heart aches for them. In faith, I know it's nothing about us, but must be about our children and when they need us to come to them. God called each of these families not to the first child in line, but to the son or daughter who before birth was predestined to be part of their family. I cry with joy that we are closer to our children.

Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him in love, He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved. Ephesians 1:4-6

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Praise God. love ya'll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm so blessed & excited to see God working through your obedience!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there...I am very interested in adopting from Congo and would love to hear more of your story!

    ReplyDelete